Microsoft's Enterprise Project Management (EPM) solution has grown to a complete end to end Enterprise Project and Portfolio management (EPPM) solution. There are many advantages to combining active projects and proposed projects or ideas onto one system. Especially when that system has analytic tools to help you advance the proposals or ideas that will best serve the business drivers to your organization and help evaluate whether you have the resources to complete those projects.
Using Project Server to manage existing projects as well as new proposed projects offers a unified approach for managing and reporting on projects at all stages in a project life cycle. Enterprise Project and Portfolio Management (EPM or EPPM) offers:
- Select the right portfolios that align with organizational strategy and provide business value through a driver ranking process
- Gain visibility with complete portfolio reporting (projects and proposed ideas)
- Centralized management of resource capacity commitments and demand for proposed projects
- Centralized document storage from the idea inception right through to project closure
- Create governance support with templates
- Enforce a standard project initiation process with workflows
- Enforce standards and processes
- Bring transparency and drive expectations for better data through reporting
- Gain operational efficiencies through team collaboration
- Capture and report on projects, programs and portfolios
To learn more about how to configure your project server environment to use the portfolio analyzer tools, attend our class on portfolio management.